Thursday, February 26, 2009

On the road to Recovery....

Meatball on the way to the vet. All of his battle wounds are on the back of his little leg


I took off yesterday afternoon & took Meatball to the vet. When I left for work Thursday morning, HE WAS PITIFUL!! It took a lot of time to get him to stand up, much less walk. It made me so sad. When I got home, I was pleased to see him laying on a different piece of furniture than when I left... He had obviously been a little mo-BILE! ;)
He seemed in much better spirits than he did at 6 a.m. (who wouldn't be??). He was SO HAPPY to see me!! He didn't bark constantly & act a fool like he normally does, but he was wagging like crazy & following me around a little. He was still hobbling on 3 legs & I had to pick him up & carry him to the car, but he was excited to go! He tried his normal 'hanging out of the window' routine, but it was too hard for him to balance on 1 leg! So instead, he sat up big & tall with his bad leg stuck straight out. It cracked me up! When we pulled up at Dr. Rick's, it was almost like he turned into a different dog. He got out of the car on his own & walked on his bad leg....Seriously, why do my children do this to me when I take them to the doctor?!? VERY FRUSTRATING! Rick said it's the adrenaline that makes them forget they're injured. We got in immediately (probably because Meatball sits there & cries & whines like a little baby). Dr. Rick checked him out & said he is still very swollen on his leg, but he didn't feel any displacements of the bone. YAY! Worse case= a greenstick fracture, but even if that's the case, it will heal up just fine. His "hole" in his leg looked much better today, & his other cuts & scrapes were much better. Rick sent us home with some pain medicine & an antiobiotic, so hopefully in 7 days, MEAT will be good as new! And of course, as soon as we walked out of the clinic, he started walking on 3 legs & I had to pick him up & put him in the car again...........


Thank you Dr. Rick & thanks to everyone who was concerned about our little MATZAH BALL!



1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't believe it...you mean dogs do that "i feel great and i don't why my momma brought me here" thing, too! UnBeLiEvAbLe!