This weekend, I helped Paula with her garage sale. It was SO COLD & SO EXHAUSTING, but it was worth it. It feels so good to get rid of junk! Aunt Rachel came in on Friday & stayed with us. She took care of Dylan while I was wrapped up in the garage sale. The two of them had a great time together. Dylan was so excited to share her big girl bed with Rachel--2 nights in a row!! I also got a big treat this morning....I got to sleep in until 10:00 am!! This NEVER, EVER happens! Rachel got up with Dylan & shut my bedroom door. When I woke up & saw the clock, I was SO excited & even more excited to know that she had gotten me breakfast too. It seemed too good to be true. After Rachel left, Dylan & I spent our Sunday at home. It was so nice & relaxing. We love days like today! Since she had been such a good girl, I took her to Braum's for ice cream. What a fun treat!! After contemplating for 5 minutes, Dylan picked "orange" ice cream over "pink". She seemed very pleased with her choice, as I was with my pumkin ice cream.
When we got home, Dylan looked up to me & said "mommy, you're the best thing that ever happened to me." Of course I realize she only said this because I say it to her all the time, but regardless, it melted my heart!! Somebody get me a kleenex....
1 comment:
awww...get me a kleenex, too.
Post a Comment