IT'S TIMES LIKE THIS WHEN I'M SO VERY THANKFUL I WORK AT A GREAT PLACE, WITH GREAT PEOPLE.....WHO TAKE GREAT CARE OF ME!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Dang near dead!
So, early Tuesday morning (1 a.m.) to be exact, I woke up with the worst pain EVER in my stomach. I thought I was going to DIE (not really die, just wanted to help get the point across)! The only thing I can compare it to is a contraction & not just any contraction....a 1 minute apart Pitocin contraction to the highest power. BRUTAL!! Anyway, the pains lasted about a minute & then they would go away, but they always came back. I thought about calling in sick, but the suspense was killing me (we medical folks always have to diagnose ourselves). If I didn't go to work I wouldn't be able to ultrasound myself & find what I was sure would be a gallstone (the size of Texas). To my surprise, no gallstone...or kidney stone, or liver masses. What could it be?? The pain was up too high for my appendix & more midline than right? HMMM.... After hours of suffering & literally almost falling to my knees every time a pain would come, I went to one of our friendly & fabulous ER doctors to help me out. He examined me & was very baffled. He wanted me to have a CT scan, but since I've worked in radiation for what....13+ years now, I really didn't want to have a CT. He reluctantly said ok, but said "if you get a fever, you're getting one." He wrote me a prescription & off I went. Luckily Ryan was home with Dylan so they came & picked it up for me so it would be waiting on me when I got off work. The pain had gotten so much worse, but luckily the medicine helped a little (& by helping I mean it made me sleep). I slept from the time I got home until 8:00... when I woke up with chills & a 101 temp. Yep, you guessed it...CT TIME! I didn't want to go but Ryan would NOT shut up about it & then he involved my friend, Kristi, who was at the hospital. Needless to say, I finally went up there. Dylan loves to go to the hospital & Kristi let her assist in pushing the buttons, so she had a great time...at least somebody did! The CT didn't show anything...Thank you God! I had gotten a little nervous that it might possibly be my appendix, but I was beyond thrilled to see that it wasn't!! I am always a brave patient, but all of the sudden on the way to the hospital, I started thinking about getting put to sleep & cut on & I was not too excited...at all! After all that mess, I came home, re-medicated & slept ALL NIGHT & woke up feverless & almost pain-free. I'm not feeling 100% normal, but I'm getting there. Compared to yesterday, I feel FABULOUS!!! I have no idea what was wrong with me, but whatever it was, I hope I never, ever experience it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dang glad your better!
Post a Comment